- Exhibition Procedures
- Virtual Facilities Tour
- Visual Resources Center (VRC)
- Computer Labs
- CU Art Museum
- Other Resources
Visual Resources Center (VRC)
Visual Arts Complex, Room 310
Welcome! We provide and facilitate access to images, imaging, and related information resources for teaching and research in the Department of Art and Art History. This includes:
- A departmental image and multimedia collection, and support for other important image resources such as Artstor
Resources, training, and support in digital imaging and image presentation software
Equipment for use in creative work, documentation, and classrooms within the department
- Fall and spring semester: M-F, 8:00am – 6:00pm (training and Portfolio Photography Room available by appointment 8:00am – 4:00pm);
- Summer (when AAH classes are in session) and Maymester: M-F, 9:00am – 12:00pm /1:00pm – 4:00pm (training and Portfolio Photography Room available by appointment 9:00am – 4:00pm)
- The VRC is CLOSED on school holidays, during fall and spring breaks, and when there are no AAH classes in session. We are often available by advance appointment on weekdays during breaks and between sessions. Please call or e-mail ahead.
- Note that illness or other staffing limitations may cause the VRC to close unexpectedly during our regular hours. If this happens, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
VRC main phone: 303-492-1683
Equipment Room phone: 303-492-1313 (please call the main phone line during summer and breaks)
Need the main Art and Art History office? 303-492-3580
Digital Imaging and Technology Coordinator
Lia Pileggi, 303-735-1640
Contact about appointments for training in scanning and digital imaging; reserving the Portfolio Photography room; and questions regarding VRC-maintained equipment and classrooms.
Director of Visual Resources
Elaine Paul, 303-492-6136
Contact with general questions about the VRC, including image resources; customized orientations and training sessions for your classes; VRC scanning services in support of coursework; and employment opportunities.
Student Assistants (interested in a VRC job? See our jobs page)
VRC Graduate Assistant: Krystle
VRC/Visiting Artist Graduate Assistant: Zak
Visual Resources Assistants: Grace, Kendall, Mckenna, Shanna
Equipment Room Assistants: Alana, Andrea, Asia, Jack, Max, Michael
Please schedule a brief general orientation in the VRC before using the facilities. Instructors may request after-hours access to the digital imaging stations using their Buff OneCards.
Graduate Student Access
Art and Art History graduate students may use VRC facilities after the required summer orientation. If you were not present for this session, please schedule an orientation before using the facilities. Graduate students may request after-hours access to the digital imaging stations using their Buff OneCards.
Undergraduate Student Access
Undergraduate students enrolled in Art and Art History courses may access the VRC only during its open hours.