- Exhibition Procedures
- Virtual Facilities Tour
- Visual Resources Center (VRC)
- Computer Labs
- CU Art Museum
- Other Resources
To learn more about the resources and services offered by the VRC, explore the links to your left
The VRC provides equipment for creative work, documentation, and classroom use to faculty and students in the Department of Art and Art History. AAH students must present their Buff OneCards at the time of checkout. See the VRC’s equipment checkout policies for additional information about circulation policies for AAH faculty, graduate students, and undergraduate students.
The VRC Equipment Room (room 310E of the Visual Arts Complex; 303-492-1313) is open during regular VRC hours, which are posted on our home page.
See our create images page for information about our fully equipped Portfolio Photography Room.
- Equipment is for ARTS or ARTH coursework only. Students must be enrolled in in ARTS or ARTH courses to borrow equipment. The VRC charges late fines for overdue equipment.
- Students majoring in Studio Arts or Art History degrees who are not enrolled in ARTS or ARTH courses but need equipment for degree-related projects must request borrowing privileges from management, who will assess the need on a case by case basis.
- Reserve equipment in advance to ensure availability (call 303-492-1313 during Equipment Room hours or stop by in person).
- Pick up equipment in person at the Equipment Room (VAC room 310).
- The checkout period is up to three business days, depending on reservation availability (when the due date falls on campus holidays or closures, the due date rolls forward to the next non-holiday date as indicated by the checkout agreement you sign).
- Equipment may be renewed once if no other reservations exist; when equipment is renewed it is due back three days from the moment of the renewal. Equipment is unavailable over winter break or during summer sessions when Art and Art History classes are not held.
- Requests for extended checkouts under special circumstances may be made in advance with management; they are considered on a case by case basis and are not guaranteed.
- Equipment must be returned by the person who borrowed it, in the event of issues requiring the borrower’s signature.
- During any given semester, all equipment is due back by the last day of final exams.
- MacBook Pro (13-in.) 4GB 1600 MHz DDDR3, 2.5GHz Dual-core Intel Core i5
- MacBook (13-in.) 1GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM, 2.1 GHz Intel Core Duo
- 16 GB iPad
- Pen tablet: Wacom Intuos 4 PTK-640 Tablet (Features and specifications on B & H website)
- Apple 60W MagSafe power adapter
- Apple 85W MagSafe power adapter
- Kensington wireless computer remote
- Memory card reader
Standard Data Projectors
Pico/Micro Data Projectors
- Optoma Technology PK201 Pico Pocket Projector (Native WVGA, 854 x 480; Max 1280 x 800) (Features and specifications on B & H website)
Short Throw Data Projectors
- Mitsubishi XD250U-ST Short Throw DLP Projector (Native XGA, 1024 x 768) (Features and specifications on B & H website)
- Large Tripod Projection Screen – Square Format- 70 x 70″- 99″ Diagonal
- Small Tabletop Projection Screen – 4:3 Aspect Ratio – 36 x 27″ – 45″ Diagonal
SLR Camera Accessories
Lenses for SLR Cameras
- Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Autofocus Zoom Lens for Select Digital SLR Cameras (Features and specifications on B & H website)
- Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Wide Angle Lens for Select Digital SLR Cameras (Features and specifications on B & H website)
- Canon Macro lens EF 100mm (Features and specifications on B & H website)
SLR Camera Remotes
Other SLR Camera Accessories
- Canon 430EX II external flash
- Flip Video Ultra Camcorder (HD, 2 Hours) (Features and specifications on B & H website)
SLR Camera Tripods
- Smith Victor Pinnacle P920 Tripod (Features and specifications on B & H website)
Video Camera Tripods
- Velbon Videomate 607 with 2-way fluid head (quick release) (for video cameras) (Features and specifications on B & H website)
Fluorescent Light Kits
- ProMaster Fluorescent Two-Light Kit (Features and specifications on Van Tuil Photo and Imaging Center’s website)
Tungsten Light Kits
- Lowel Tota Tungsten Two-Light Kit (Features and specifications on B & H website)
- ProMaster Basic 3-Light Studio Reflector Kit with tungsten bulbs (this is currently a tungsten kit that we will convert to fluorescent when we run out of the very hard-to-replace tungsten bulbs) (Features and specifications on B & H website)
Soft Box Light Kits
- ProMaster SystemPro Portable Shooting Kit: 16″ x 16″ lighting box, 2 quartz lights, retractable stands, heavy duty camera stand, 4 backgrounds (black, white, blue, and red) (Features and specifications on Mike’s Camera website)
Backdrops and Stands
- Black, gray, red, and white diamond cloth backdrops (10′ x 10′). Stands with clamps are available separately.
Audiovisual Cables, Cords, Adapters
- VGA cable (with audio)
- DVI-D dual link cable (DVI-D male to DVI-D male)
- HDMI to HDMI cable
- Computer audio cable (1/8 ” stereo)
- RCA cable
- S-Video cable
Audiovisual Cables, Cords, Adapters — Mac Adapters
- VGA to 30-pin adapter (Apple mobile devices)
- VGA to DVI adapter
- VGA to mini displayport adapter
- VGA to mini DVI adapter
- VGA to mini VGA adapter
- MiniDisplayPort to DVI adapter
Device Interface Cables, Cords, Adapters
- Lightning to USB cable and charger (Apple mobile devices)
- Apple mobile device sync cable & charger
- Firewire 400
- Firewire 800
- USB Interface cable
Networking Cables, Cords, Adapters
- Ethernet cable
- Extension cord (black, 25’)
- Extension cord (black, 6’)
- Surge protector (single outlet)
- Philips 655 Voicetracer LFH0655 (Features and specifications on Philips website [PDF])
- Creative Labs Inspire T12 Wireless speakers (Features and specifications on B & H website)
- Lavalier mics (wired)
- 3M Overhead Projector
- DVD/VHS Sony Combo deck
- Slide projectors and accessories