- Exhibition Procedures
- Virtual Facilities Tour
- Visual Resources Center (VRC)
- Computer Labs
- CU Art Museum
- Other Resources
To learn more about the resources and services offered by the VRC, explore the links to your left
Visiting Artist DVDs
The VRC maintains a collection of DVDs from the department’s Visiting Artist Program, available for 3 business-day checkout to faculty and students within the Department of Art and Art History (students must present their Buff OneCards). These include the artists’ public lectures and the What Follows… interviews series. DVDs are not available until the semester following an artist’s visit.
Visiting Artist videos in the VRC image collection
The VRC is making its Visiting Artist video collection available in streaming format via our LUNA digital image collection. We are in the process of converting the DVD collection; the entire collection should be available by the end of 2014. Streaming videos are not available until the semester following an artist’s visit.
Accessing streaming videos
1. For copyright reasons, access is limited to current faculty, students, and staff at the University of Colorado.
2. Go to our LUNA site.
3. Off campus users need a VPN connection (software that makes you appear to be accessing the collection from campus; available for free to CU-Boulder users at the CU-Boulder OIT Web site).
4. Log in with the following:
- username = boulder
- password = boulder
To find videos from the Department’s Visiting Artist Program:
- VA lectures: keyword search for visiting artist lecture
- What Follows interviews: keyword search for what follows
- OR, enter the artist’s first and last name in the keyword search box.
To view videos:
- Click on the thumbnail image for the video you want.
- Click on the View Video link on the upper left of the page.
- You must log in once more with the same boulder/boulder username and password combination
- IMPORTANT: We have been experiencing a glitch with our streaming server that we are trying to resolve. If your video does not begin streaming after you enter the boulder/boulder username and passwords, simply go back to the record and click the View Video link again; this should launch the video.
Titles are available for sale through the Department of Art and Art History. For more information, please contact Valerie Albicker, Director of the Visiting Artist Program.
Norlin Library houses a collection of videos, including those purchased at the request of Art and Art History faculty. You can search for these videos in Chinook, the libraries’ online catalog.